Wednesday 16 November 2016

Scott Laserow

Through researching design made for social change, I came across the designer Scott Laserow. After discovering his work, a wider search led to an interview with Laserow. 

http://www.printmag.com/posters/scott-laserow-great-posters/ 16.11.16

How would you describe your poster design work?
This is a difficult question. As a social and environmental designer, I hope people find my work engaging, [and that it] makes them think and encourages open dialogue to effect change.



You are also involved in many social and environmental causes by the very nature of your work. Can you share with us a specific example of how you’ve seen one of your projects make an impact?

'The first time I saw a real impact was when I participated in the Hurricane Poster Project in 2005. The hurricane poster project was an international collaboration of designers who came together to raise money and awareness for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. It wasn’t so much that my poster alone made the impact, but rather the collective force of graphic designers and image-makers from around the world uniting together for one purpose. Even today my poster Epitaph #1, designed for the Hurricane Poster Project, remains one of my favorite images.'

 - This gives an understanding of the reason why this designer creates the work that he does. Unless a person has a personal interest in what they are designing then their work will not effectively communicate what is required successfully. 










No comments:

Post a Comment